Happy Happy Thursday everybody!!! Y’all I can’t even begin to believe we are already into November and Halloween is officially over WTH? Seriously, what happened to the year? I mean, November of 2016 is kind of blowing my mind, time really needs to slow down because it is just speeding right by me.
The fact that Thanksgiving is now just a few weeks away got me thinking about some new easy desserts that might go well with your holiday meal. I’ve had this particular Apple Cinnamon Bread hanging around in my ‘to make’ file for months now, but honestly it’s just been too hot this summer to even consider making something like this. Now though, I think it’s just about that perfect time of year to whip out some fresh apples and bake them up in this amazing bread, and I do mean amazing.
As far as dessert bread recipes go, this one is pretty easy, just layer up your ingredients, bake for a little bit and dunzo! This is such an amazingly moist bread with layers of cinnamon, brown sugar and fresh apples baked up beautifully inside, this may not be the prettiest dessert ever, but it is certainly a tasty one. I hope you have a wonderful day and thank you so much for stopping by!
Mix the cinnamon and brown sugar together…
now for the butter…
mix, mix, now for the sugar…
mix until light and fluffy…
now eggs and vanilla…
mix again, now add the flour & baking powder…
mix again and then about 1/2 into your loaf pan…
then layer your apples & half of the cinnamon/brown sugar…
then the rest of the cake batter & then the apples…
then the rest of the cinnamon/brown sugar…
then bake, bake, bake…
- 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon.
- 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar, Packed.
- 2 Medium Apples, Peeled & Chopped.
- 2/3 Cup of Granulated Sugar.
- 1 Stick (1/2 Cup) of Unsalted Butter, Softened.
- 2 Eggs.
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract.
- 1 1/2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour.
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder.
- 1/2 Cup of Whole Milk or 1-2% Milk.
- 1 Loaf Pan.
- Place your cinnamon and brown sugar into a small bowl and mix up, set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel and chop up your apples and set aside.
- Liberally spray your loaf pan with baking non stick spray and set aside.
- With a handheld or stand mixer with paddle attachment, place the stick of butter into your bowl and whip until smooth.
- Now add granulated sugar to the butter and mix until light and fluffy.
- Now add your eggs and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Now add in your milk, flour and baking powder and mix until just combined.
- Pour about 1/2 of your batter into your pan, then place an even layer of apples on top of the batter slightly pressing them in.
- Now sprinkle about half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture on top of the apples.
- Now pour the remainder of the batter on top of the cinnamon/sugar layer, then the apples, then the rest of the cinnamon/sugar layer.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes (I took mine out at 45), let cool and enjoy!!