Happy Happy Tuesday everybody! I hope everyone of you had an absolutely wonderful weekend full of food, family, faith and fun….speaking of food and you know, this being a food blog and all, I have a super awesome recipe for you guys today. I wish I could give credit where credit was due for this recipe, but it’s another one my mom handed me that she’s had for years and has no idea where it came from haha.
All that I do know is that this recipe is freaking delicious, incredibly easy to make, and boy will it feed a crowd. This casserole is layered with mashed potatoes, cheese, bacon and BBQ…are you drooling yet? because I know I am. Y’all this stuff is so good I had to give the remainder away for fear that I wouldn’t be able to control myself and end up eating the whole thing at some point during the week while staring shamefully at my grilled chicken and zucchini.
I promise you will feel the same way when you pull this stuff out of the oven and it’s bubbly and the heavenly scent of bacon and BBQ is wafting in the air. I think this would make a perfect easy dinner time meal for you and yours and I can’t tell you how much I loooove this dish, it is so hearty and savory. Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you’re having a fantastic week so far.
getting the mashed potato mixture ready…
mix, place in the microwave, mix again, then add the sour cream and chiles…
mix in the goodies…
then place into the bottom of your pan, then sprinkle the bacon bits aka food fairy dust on top…
then a layer of cheese…
then all of the BBQ and the extra sauce…
- 1/2 Cup of Bacon Crumbles.
- 1 (22 Ounce) Package of Pre-Made Mashed Potatoes.
- 3 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Divided Into 2 Cups & 1 Cup).
- 1 (8 Ounce) Package of Cream Cheese, Cut Into Cubes, Room Temp.
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Pepper.
- 8 Ounces of Sour Cream.
- 1 (4 Ounce) Can of Green Chiles, Drained.
- 3 Cups of Pre-Made BBQ Pork or Beef (I Used 1 1/2 Cups with Sauce, 1 1/2 Cups Plain).
- 3/4 Cup of BBQ Sauce.
- 9x13 Pan.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray your 9x13 pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- With a handheld or stand mixer with paddle attachment, place your mashed potatoes, cream cheese, 2 cups of cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper into a microwave safe bowl.
- Mix together and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, then take out and stir in the sour cream and chiles and mix until well combined.
- Spoon in your mashed potato mixture into your pan and evenly sprinkle the bacon bits all over the top of the potatoes then 1 cup of the cheddar cheese on top of the bacon.
- Now, evenly arrange the BBQ all on top of the cheese, then drizzle the BBQ sauce all over the BBQ.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and just starting to slightly brown on top.
- Serve and enjoy!!
- For the half of the BBQ that had sauce on it already I used Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey, and y'all that stuff is amazing just in case your Publix carries it too.
- You're absolutely welcome to cook up fresh bacon to crumble on top as well as your mashed potatoes, but it is a huge time saver to use the pre-made ingredients.