Happy Happy Monday y’all!!! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend, and I’m assuming some of y’all are still even recovering from The Fourth of July. No judgement here, I know how hard some of y’all celebrate with food, because obvi, that’s how I get down. I literally think I stood for 9 hours straight, just cooking, anyone else ever done that?
You’re at hour number
1 million 4, and you start to question all of your life choices why in the world you thought it would be a good idea to commit to making so many food items. Also, it’s not just the cooking, it’s the whole cleaning up, putting up, cutting up, etc. that also has to happen…seriously I’m getting tired sitting here reliving it haha. It’s a week or so later when you can have another cheat day that you realize the absolute last thing you feel like doing is cooking, baking, prepping absolutely anything, but dang, some banana bread sounds really phenomenal.
Very specific, but yes, I’m sure daydreaming about my Banana Bread Bottom Cheesecake is what set off the incredible
need want for delicious, flavorful banana bread, mmmm. I have had plenty of mug cakes before and they have all been super awesome, so I’m not sure why I seem to forget they exist and don’t make them as frequently as I should. Well, that was remedied with this Big Mug Banana Bread. Y’all, I was definitely skeptical, because when you “bake” stuff in the microwave, there is always the fear it will turn out dry, but no need for that here, because this banana bread turned out perfectly.
Seriously, this stuff was basically the texture of banana bread pudding, sooo moist, so rich and just a really lovely banana bread. I put whipped cream on mine, but I think a big giant scoop of vanilla ice cream would also be amazing. If you’re looking for a super quick and super easy dessert, this is the one for you. Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!
banana in my mug, ready to be smooshed…
all of the ingredients…
all mixed up…
zap in the microwave and enjoy!!!
- 1 Ripe Banana, Mashed.
- 1 Egg.
- 1 Tablespoon of Heavy Cream or Milk.
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Vanilla.
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil (or Vegetable Oil).
- 3 Tablespoons of All-Purpose Flour.
- 3 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar.
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- Dash of Salt.
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- 1 Big Coffee Mug.
- Cut up your banana into your mug and with a fork, smoosh it up.
- Now add the egg, milk, vanilla, and coconut oil, mix these all up.
- Now add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and mix until just incorporated and smooth.
- "Bake" this in the microwave for 2-4 minutes, stopping in increments of 45 seconds to check for doneness, remember all microwaves are different so don't leave it haha.
- Allow to cool for a bit and top with whipped cream and more cinnamon (if you want) and enjoy!