Happy Wednesday everybody! To be honest I feel like the week is dragging by, for one, we had a nice short work week last week and I got spoiled, and two, this Saturday I’m headed to Disney World and Universal Studios woohoo!!
I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am, especially since this will be the first time I’ve been there at Christmas time, I mean hello! combining some of my favorite things! And yes we will be attending Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party (because we’re grown ups) which I hear will have ample cookies and hot chocolate served (yes, still grown-ups) 😀
To help keep my excitement mildly under control I thought I might start early by making some totally fun cookies to share with y’all. These cookies are deliciously chocolatey, rolled in sugar and the kicker is the wonderful caramel sauce placed in the middle.
Butter & sugar into the bowl…
- 1 Cup of All-Purpose Flour.
- Generous 1/2 Cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt.
- 1/2 Cup of Unsalted Butter, Softened.
- 2/3 Cup of Granulated Sugar.
- 1 Large Egg Yolk.
- 1 Tablespoon of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract.
- Powdered Sugar, For Rolling Cookies In (Optional).
- Decorative Sugar, For Rolling Cookies In (Optional).
- Pre-Made Caramel Sauce, To Place In The Thumbprints.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a handheld or stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients and scoop 1 tablespoon of the dough and roll into balls, then roll into the powdered sugar or powdered sugar.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon gently press holes into the cookies, then bake for 10 minutes or until just set.
- While the cookies are still warm, press the cookies again in the middle with the spoon to perfectly form the thumbprints.
- Let cookies cool completely and fill each thumbprint with caramel sauce.