Happy Happy Wednesday everybody!!! Let’s get right into this recipe you guys, I’m way
essited excited to share this one, but first I have to admit popcorn is a huge guilty pleasure for me. I’m sure some of y’all are thinking ‘Gee Holly, that’s odd since popcorn isn’t even close to the unhealthiest things you’ve put on your blog‘ well, for a good reason, I have been allergic to corn since I was born.
Oh yes, before it was cool to be anti corn syrup, I had to be, and y’all know what? they put that stuff in everything, and not just in syrup form, but for reals, corn goes into everything. I mean, thank goodness that they have started to cut down on it because dang, never getting to eat anything (fun) that my friends & family were was such a bummer as a kid. Anyways, that was a bit of a tangent sorry, but thank goodness these days I’m not neeearrly as allergic as I used to be, which means I can eat it occasionally which makes it an extra treat.
If you’ve been hanging around my blog for a little while now, you might be a bit familiar with a few of my favs (aren’t they all though? haha) caramel, cinnamon, pumpkin etc., so obviously this recipe is near and dear to
my mouth my heart. Y’all, when this popcorn came out of the oven and it was still a bit soft and gooey, it tasted just like cinnamon toast with an extra oomph of caramel, yes, it burned my mouth, and yes it was worth it. This is honestly like crack, just go make it, your day will be better for it 🙂 I hope you’re having a wonderful week so far and thank you so much for stopping by!
parchment paper onto your pan & sprayed with non-stick spray…
pop your popcorn and place into your bowl… (do you spy a doggie nose too?)
corn syrup, butter, salt, sugar into your pan…
boil for 5 minutes…(y’all this is super hot, be careful)
pour all over your popcorn…
mix it all in, then into your pan…
bake, bake, bake…
and y’all enjoy!!!
- 2 Bags of Pop-Secret Homestyle Popcorn, Popped.
- 2 Cups of Packed Light Brown Sugar.
- 1 Cup (2 Sticks) of Unsalted Butter.
- 1/2 Cup of Light Corn Syrup.
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt.
- 2-3 Teaspoons of Cinnamon.
- Large Jelly Roll Pan or Something Similar.
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place wax or parchment paper in your pan and liberally spray non-stick spray onto the paper, set aside.
- Pop your popcorn according to directions and place into a large bowl.
- In a medium/large saucepan place the butter, light corn syrup, salt and brown sugar in it, bringing these ingredients to a boil for 5 minutes making sure to stir while boiling.
- Then remove from the heat and carefully pour over your popcorn, then stir all together until evenly covered.
- Then pour your popcorn onto your pan spreading out evenly, then sprinkle the cinnamon all over the top of your popcorn and place into your oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the desired crunchiness is reached.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, break into pieces and enjoy!
- I used the Pop-Secret homestyle because it's very lightly salted and buttered, feel free to use whatever popcorn you prefer.
- You can totally use more or less cinnamon on top of your popcorn according to your preference.