Happy Happy Tuesday y’all!!! I have to admit, in my lifetime, apple butter has not been at the top of my list of favorite food things to eat on biscuits, bread or bagels. That is usually designated to jelly, butter or cream cheese (or all of the above hehe). Honestly that went out the window the day my mom, and my sister and I went to a local place called ‘The Flying Biscuit.’
My sister had been raving for months about how great their biscuits were and that their homemade apple butter was just to die for. Not wanting to burst her bubble at my lifelong semi-dislike for apple butter I was all ‘sure, sounds great’ but just figured I would be enjoying a waffle or something else instead. At my sister’s insistence when we got there to try this magical butter, I finally caved, and thank goodness I did because yummm!!!
It tasted nothing like any pre-packaged grossness apple butter I had had before. This was filled with a delicious fresh apple taste and tons of spices. Obviously I asked if I could buy
a 50 gallon barrel some jars of it there but unfortunately they don’t sell it, WTH?! Well, not having this apple butter on every cheat day come Fall/Winter time was not an option for me, so I figured I needed to get crackin’ on making my own.
Y’all, this crockpot apple butter I made is un-freaking-believable, like, sitting down and eating this stuff all by itself in a bowl is 100% an option kind of good. I tried this stuff on biscuits, toast and bagels and all are just so freaking delicious and literally Fall in every bite. Also, let’s talk about how awesome your house is going to smell while this stuff cooks up all day, heavenly is really the word that comes to mind. Anyways, I hope you get to enjoy this soon and thank you so much for stopping by!!!
the main players in this game, the apples…
washed and peeled…
chopped up and into your bowl…
add sugars and spices…
all mixed up…
into your crockpot…
after many hours of cooking…
mix, mix, mix…
- 4 Pounds of Apples (I Used 5 Large Honey Crisp).
- 1/4 Cup of Granulated Sugar.
- 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- 1 Tablespoon of Ground Cinnamon.
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg.
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Ground Ginger.
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Ground Cloves.
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt.
- 1-4 or 5 Quart Crockpot.
- Turn your crockpot on low heat.
- Wash and peel all of your apples.
- Chop all of your apples into small pieces and place into a large bowl.
- Now add your brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Now mix all together until evenly mixed and place into your crockpot and cover.
- Cook on low for 2 hours, stir your apple mixture together and raise the temperature to high on your crockpot and continue to cook for an additional 5-6 hours.
- If you have a hand blender you can place directly into your apple butter mixture and mix until smooth, or you can place into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Slather this delicious apple butter onto biscuits or bagels and enjoy!!!