Happy Happy Thursday everybody !!! To think, we’re thiiis much closer to the weekend, Friday eve’s are just the best, aren’t y’all getting excited? Well, I know I am, not that I have anything planned, but the thought of catching up on Netflix and basically sitting around and doing nothing sounds just thrilling to me haha.
If you too have wonderful plans of doing absolutely nothing as well, but would maybe like to quickly and effortlessly whip up a homemade dessert, boy do I have the recipe for you today.
I just love a good custard, not only for the ease that they’re made but they’re just so creamy and simply decadent. Now, you throw coconut into something then I’m definitely on board. Y’all, I had this custard ready to go and in the oven in about 10 minutes, it baked exactly 40 minutes and was ready to eat, sooo not complicated.
This dessert is definitely my new go-to quick but seemingly fancy dessert. I hope you all have a fantastic rest of this work week, a fantastic weekend and thank you so much for stopping by. Hopefully you get a chance to make this delicious and easy coconut custard soon.
all of the ingredients except the coconut flakes…
all mixed up…
into your pie pan…
covered in coconut flakes…
bake, bake, bake…
and enjoy!!! mmm…
- 1 Cup of Milk.
- 1 Cup of Heavy Cream.
- 3/4 Cup of Sugar.
- 2 Drops of Coconut Extract.
- 1/2 Cup of All-Purpose Baking Mix (I used Bisquick).
- 4 Eggs.
- 1/4 Cup of Butter, Softened.
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract.
- 1 1/3 Cup of Sweetened Flaked Coconut.
- 9" Deep Dish Pie Pan.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a handheld or stand mixer with whisk attachment, in your bowl, place the milk, baking mix, heavy cream, eggs, coconut extract, vanilla and sugar and beat on high for about 1 minute or until well combined.
- Pour the batter into your pie plate, and evenly sprinkle the coconut on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center of the pie isn't jiggly and is golden brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!!!
- If you want a more potent coconut flavor feel free to add more coconut extract.