Happy Happy Monday everybody!!! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and are ready to jump right into the new week, and if not, I’m here today to bring y’all a little easy something to make to hopefully brighten your Monday.
I would like to preface this delicious treat by admitting that Nutella is not my must-have go-to condiment–is it a condiment?–I guess it’s a spread, well whatever, I’m always #teampeanutbutter but due to the sheer amount of Nutella stuff popping up recently I decided to give it another shot.
I really mean that by the way, I had not tasted Nutella in about 10 years, and could honestly not remember fully what it tasted like. To my delight, Nutella is better than I remembered, but wowza is it rich, very chocolatey, very hazelnutey, and very sugary. Not that I dislike any of those things, but let’s just say I could sit down and eat a whole jar of peanut butter, and I can guarantee that sounds like the worst idea ever with Nutella.
So, after deciding that Nutella was in fact delicious, just extremely rich, I thought maybe a dessert made with Nutella, just toned down a bit would be awesome. I came across this recipe and was all, ‘yeah Imma need to make that’ and soo glad I did. Holy cow y’all, this mousse was sooo stinking easy to make it’s not even funny, and not to mention insanely delicious.
This mousse is light, fluffy and with the perfect amount of that rich Nutella flavor without it being overwhelming. I had this dessert whipped up in about 10 minutes, and only had to wait for it to chill in the fridge to fully set up. If you’re in a hurry or not feeling making a full on dessert, this is a great one to make in no time at all.
I hope everyone has a wonderful start to the week and thank you so much for stopping by!
heavy whipping cream into your bowl…
add the Nutella…
nice and folded in…
chill this for a bit and enjoy!!!
- 1 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream, Chilled.
- 1/2 Cup (4 Ounces) of Nutella Hazelnut Spread.
- Shavings of 1/2 of 1 Chocolate Bar for Garnish (Optional).
- Place your bowl into the freezer or refrigerator for at least 20 minutes before use.
- While your bowl is chilling, heat your Nutella in the microwave for about 20 seconds or until it's just warm enough to be pourable.
- Once your bowl is chilled, with a handheld or stand mixer with whisk attachment, place your heavy cream into your bowl and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Now, with a spatula, gently fold your Nutella into the whipped cream until smooth.
- Chill your mousse for 2 hours before serving, top with shavings and enjoy!!!