Happy Happy Tuesday everybody!!! Sometimes you come across recipes that are so simple & easy to make yet so delicious you wonder why in the world you didn’t think of them yourself. Ladies & gentleman, this is one of those recipes.
I’ve seen a lot of custardy kind of cake stuff around but most involved a
billion a whole lot of egg whites that need to be room temperature and whipped and sung to sleep at night added in a specific order etc. Y’all, I don’t know about you guys, but I just do not have that kind of time on my hands. I want easy, decadent and super delicious, and trust me this Easy Pumpkin Pie Cake embodies all of those wonderful adjectives.
Honestly the hardest thing to do was waiting for this bad boy to cool down enough so I could slap on the frosting and start devouring it. Speaking of frosting, y’all are totally welcome to buy a pre-made frosting from the store if you’re really in a time crunch, but I most definitely recommend you make this cinnamon cream cheese frosting, which BTW I can take credit for hehe.
It’s the perfect amount of sweetness with the tanginess of the cream cheese, and of course the star of the show, cinnamon, yummy y’all. This is a definite crowd pleaser, with the top part being the texture of a moist cake and the bottom part being all pumpkin pie-ish, OMG I’m drooling at the thought of this delightful treat. I hope you get a chance to make this incredible dessert soon, are having a wonderful day and thank you so much for stopping by!
eggs into your bowl…
then the pumpkin pie mix…
after mixing those together, add your cake mix and melted butter…
mix, mix, mix…
into your pan…
bake, bake, bake…
now time for the frosting, butter into your bowl…
then your cream cheese…
mix, mix, mix, then vanilla and powdered sugar…
then (a blurry picture) add the cinnamon…
- 1 (30 Ounce) Can of Pumpkin Pie Mix.
- 4 Eggs.
- 1 Box of Spice Cake Mix.
- 1 Cup (2 Sticks) of Unsalted Butter, Melted.
- 2 (8 Ounce) Blocks of Cream Cheese, Softened.
- 2 Sticks (1 Cup) of Unsalted Butter, Softened.
- 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon.
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla.
- 3 Cups of Powdered Sugar.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray your 9x13 pan with non stick spray and set aside.
- With a handheld or stand mixer with paddle attachment place your eggs into your bowl and mix in the pumpkin pie mix until smooth.
- Now add the spice cake mix and the melted butter, mix together until smooth.
- Now pour your batter into your pan and bake for 30-35 minutes (I know some people that it took 45-55 minutes due to variations in ovens) just making sure the middle bounces back to the touch but isn't jiggly either.
- Take out of the oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- With a handheld or stand mixer with paddle attachment place your butter into your bowl and beat until smooth.
- Now add your cream cheese to the butter and mix again until smooth.
- Now add your vanilla and mix in your powdered sugar one cup at a time until well combined.
- Now add your cinnamon and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Layer this amazing frosting on top of your cake and enjoy!!!