Hey everybody!!! Y’all, it’s only Wednesday, what the heck? When you have totally reached your quota of people annoying you, arguing with you, and generally just causing massive amounts of stress and discontent inside, and then you realize it’s only the middle of the week, siiiigh.
I’m normally a very happy and positive person, but there are just some people who come along and put a quick stop to that, and folks, that has been happening since Monday. Literally visions of getting in my car, driving far far away and changing my name have genuinely crossed my mind at least 10 times, yes a little melodramatic but whatevs.
I guess all I can do is keep on praying for my continued sanity haha. Soo anyways, back to what you’re really here for..food, and lots of it. I don’t know about y’all, but soft pretzels in my mind are one of the most delectable savory treats in the world (a very grand statement, but I’m sticking to it).
I mean, come on, soft, buttery, chewy dough covered in sea salt? mmmmmm…Something so simple yet so awesome, and today I show you an easy way to enjoy them at home, and hello with an easy cheese dip! I really hope each and every one of you are having a wonderful day and thank you so much for stopping by !!!
First, dough-yes I bought mine, I just don’t have time to make it 🙂
cut into pieces so it’ll be easier to roll out…
rolled out (about 1/2 inch thick)…
then sliced up into bite sized pieces…
baking soda in your water…
once boiling, put your dough pieces in…
take out, place on your baking sheet, now time for the egg wash (1 egg & water) on…
then brushed onto your dough bites…
then sprinkle some salt on & bake, bake bake…now time for the cheese sauce, butter…
whisked all together and thickened a bit…
now slowly stir in the milk…
cook this up a bit until thickened…
now pour the cheese in…
all mixed in and yum!
- 1 Package of Pre-Made Pizza Dough (I Used Publix Brand).
- 1-3 Cups of All-Purpose Flour, For Rolling the Dough.
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup of Baking Soda.
- 9 Cups of Water.
- Sea Salt.
- 3 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter.
- 2 Tablespoons of Flour.
- 1 Cup of Milk.
- 1 Cup of Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded.
- Salt and Pepper If Desired.
- If using pre-made pizza dough, let it rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a large baking sheet or 2 medium sized baking sheets cover in aluminum foil and spray with non stick spray and set aside.
- Place your flour all over your counter top, then place your dough onto it.
- Cut your dough into 4-6 sections, roll out and slice into bite sized pieces.
- Whisk together an egg and a dash of water for the egg wash.
- In a large pot, bring to boil 9 cups of water with 1/2 cup of baking soda.
- While continuing to boil, place 8-10 of the dough bites into the water and remove after 20-30 seconds with a slotted spoon, draining as much liquid as possible and place onto your baking sheet.
- After boiling all of your bites, brush your egg was all over your bites and sprinkle sea salt on them as well.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until just starting to turn golden brown.
- In a small/medium sized saucepan on medium heat, place your butter into your pan and once melted add your flour and whisk together.
- Now pour in your milk and mix in thoroughly until it starts to thicken, then remove from the heat and add in your cheese.
- Mix the cheese in until it completely melts and is well combined.
- Add salt and pepper if desired and enjoy!!!