Happy Happy Tuesday everybody!!! Y’all, it became quite apparent when I walked into the grocery store that it is in fact now strawberry season, or strawberries are in season, however you want to look at it haha.
All I know, is that I was practically knocked over by the incredible strawberry smell (which happens to be one of my favs) that was wafting from the produce department and I just knew that I had to make this cheesecake ‘salad’ for my next cheat day. A couple of years ago I had this salad at some gathering (honestly cannot remember what the heck it was) but aside from the fact that I don’t remember the event, I do remember this salad (shocker I only have food on the brain).
The host or hostess of this gathering served this salad with strawberries only and it was just to die for. Sweet, decadent and the slight feeling that I wasn’t being completely ‘bad’ since there is fresh fruit in it hehe. I was elated when they gave me this recipe and it’s sooo easy to make. Really just a few ingredients, and no need for an oven which is starting to be a good thing with the rising temperatures.
I threw bananas into this salad because I’m partial to the whole strawberry/banana combo but please feel free to substitute any fruit that you love because I see this cheesecake mixture tasting amazing with pretty much everything. This would make for a wonderful side dish or even just dessert for your next gathering. I hope you’re having a wonderful week so far and thank you so much for stopping by.
First, cream cheese…
just so y’all know, I literally touched the cream cheese and my sous chef ended up like this (she is cc obsessed)
beat the cream cheese then add the pudding mix (with a very large dog underneath you, obvi)…
this is me demonstrating slowly adding the cream (yes, it’s important to not dump it all in at once)…
all mixed in, then add powdered sugar and vanilla…
now, the strawberries and bananas mixed in with lemon juice…
the cheesecake mixture…
all mixed in and ready to be eaten…
- 1 (8 Ounce) Block of Cream Cheese, Room Temperature.
- 1 (3.4 Ounce) of Cheesecake Flavored Instant Pudding.
- 1 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- 3 Tablespoons of Powdered Sugar.
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract.
- 1 1/2 - 2 Pounds of Strawberries, Stems Removed.
- 3-4 Medium Bananas, Cut Into Slices.
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice.
- With a handheld or stand mixer with paddle attachment, place your cream cheese into your bowl and beat until smooth, add the dry pudding mix and beat again until combined.
- Now, with your mixer running, slowly add in your heavy whipping cream (a few tablespoons at a time so it won't clump) until all has been added and is smooth
- Now mix in the vanilla and the powdered sugar, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, place your washed and stem removed strawberries as well as the bananas.
- Mix in the lemon juice making sure to coat the strawberries and bananas.
- Now mix in your cheesecake mixture to your strawberries and bananas making sure to coat all of the fruit.
- Serve immediately or cover and place into the fridge until ready to serve and enjoy!!!
- Please feel free to substitute whatever fruit you like best or the amount.