Happy Happy Tuesday everybody!!! Soo, I was just a bit more lenient with my healthy eating during the holidays and I’m 100% still paying for it y’all, like in a big way. I feel like my digestive system is totally off and I totally have some Christmas cheeks
love handles/thighs/too many things jiggling to even admit , so here we are today with a very non cheat day recipe.
Sorry to those of y’all looking for something extra decadent and smothered in butter today, I just can’t, my body is mad at me, but I promise Thursday I will have something in the unhealthy/awesome vein. On the bright side, this smoothie is awesome y’all. Since I feel like my digestion was so off, I knew I wanted some ginger root and fresh mint in this, because both are aces in helping with that kind of stuff.
Also, the green tea has the wonderful kick of caffeine as well as tons of good stuff in it for you. Obviously the addition of the strawberries, banana and date add loads more vitamins and of course flavor. Can you tell I’m mildly enthusiastic about this smoothie? Anyways, if you’re feeling that holiday bloat in a big way like I am, then I can’t recommend enough to have this for a few breakfasts this week 🙂 Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful week!!!
this picture of tea brewing is the only one I took for some reason, oops…
just pretend I put a pic of everything in the blender…and enjoy!!!
- 1 1/4 Cup of Green Tea, Chilled.
- 5 Large Strawberries, Stems Removed.
- 1 Medjool Date, Pitted.
- 1 Large Banana, Chilled or Frozen.
- 2 Fresh Mint Leaves.
- 3 Small Slivers of Ginger Root.
- Brew your green tea by letting your tea bag steep in hot water for 3-5 minutes, remove the tea bag and place in the fridge to chill.
- Once the green tea is chilled, place it in a blender along with the rest of the ingredients, and blend until completely smooth, serve and enjoy!!!