Happy Happy Monday everybody!!! Today’s post will make it abundantly clear -in case it wasn’t already- that I am not a trained chef, pastry chef, etc. Y’all, it just doesn’t get much more unsophisticated than today’s recipe.
Some might even say that this is on the verge of being a full on kid, possibly hillbilly level of food making, and you know what? I am soo okay with that too. Speaking of being a kid, I went through a phase when I was about 12 that peanut butter & banana sandwiches were basically on my menu everyday, I was so obsessed, sometimes it was twice a day.
What surprises me the most is that at the time I never even thought to put marshmallow fluff along with the peanut butter and banana, because obviously these combos just freaking work. Oh, and throwing all of this onto a hot pan to make sure the bread is all toasty, and the ingredients are all warm and melty would have also been a fantastic idea.
I feel bad for 12 year old me (such an awkward age anyway, ammiright?) because this sandwich was so decadently gooey (super duper messy), warm, with all of the flavors that just go together so perfectly, droool. The grilled aspect of this sandwich really put this fluffernutter banana sandwich to a perfect 10. If you’re feeling low
class key, but really want an amazingly gooey, salty, sweet, fluffy sandwich, I can’t recommend enough you do yourself a favor and cook up one of these today. Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you all have a fantastic week!!!
then peanut butter…
marshmallow fluff, mmm…
into your pan…
- 2 Slices of Honey Wheat Bread.
- 2 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter, Softened.
- 2-4 Tablespoons of Creamy Peanut Butter.
- 2-4 Tablespoons of Marshmallow Fluff.
- 1/2 of 1 Large Banana, Sliced.
- Spread the butter evenly on each slice of bread, flip them over (I suggest putting them on paper towels so butter doesn't get everywhere).
- Now evenly spread the peanut butter on each slice.
- Then evenly spread the marshmallow fluff on top of the peanut butter (yes, it's starting to get messy at this point).
- Then evenly place your banana slices on each slice, and then carefully put your sandwich together.
- Place your sandwich into a pan on medium low heat and grill each side about 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, just watch because the bread burns quickly.
- Take out of your pan, cut in half, expect this to be very messy (but delicious) and enjoy!!!
- Feel free to use less or more of any of the listed ingredients.