Happy Happy Tuesday everybody!!! Y’all, I’m way excited to share this recipe with you guys today, not just because this is an easy recipe, but because it’s frosting… just frosting!! Frosting is one of my absolute favorite things in the whole world to make homemade. I know, you can totally buy frosting pre-made in those cute little cans, and that stuff is definitely tasty, but let’s face it, not nearly as delicious as the real thing.
I love that you can easily tweak your frosting recipes with a little this and a little that until you get it juuust right. That is exactly what I did with this recipe, hence the hodge podge order of my ‘how to’ pictures, I just kept adding to it what it needed to get it to the exact flavor that I wanted (but simplified in the recipe section, don’t worry).
You guys! you don’t even know how amazing this frosting is! OMG it tastes just like funfetti cake batter, if I didn’t think I would
go into insulin shock be sick, I would have eaten every freaking bite of this stuff with a spoon, or you know, a shovel. Publix totally hooked me up with some naughty naked vanilla and chocolate cupcakes, and I piled about a pound of this absolutely incredible frosting on every single one.
Which one tasted better? That would be like picking my favorite child (you know, if I actually had kids) because this frosting made both vanilla and chocolate cupcakes taste amazing either way. You totally need this frosting on every single cake item in your life, or just in a spoon. I promise you will love this. Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!!!
but first, butter!
mix up and add your powdered sugar…
some of the cake mix and cream cheese…
mix, mix , mix and add some heavy cream…
then all of the sprinkles…
mix, mix, mix and enjoy!!!
- 3 Cups of Powdered Sugar.
- 2 Sticks (1 Cup) of Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature.
- 1 (15.25 Ounce) Box of Funfetti Cake Mix.
- 4 Ounces of Cream Cheese, Room Temperature.
- 2/3 Cup of Heavy Cream.
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract.
- A Dash of Salt.
- 1/2-2/3 Cup of Extra Sprinkles (Optional).
- With a handheld or stand mixer with paddle attachment, place your butter and cream cheese into your bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Now, 1 cup at a time, beat in your powdered sugar until all is mixed in.
- Now add in your heavy cream and vanilla and mix again.
- Now add in the whole box of dry funfetti cake mix about a 1/3 at a time until all is mixed in.
- Add in your extra sprinkles, and if you would like your frosting thinner, feel free to add in more heavy cream a tablespoon at a time.
- Place into a large piping bag or plastic big, snip off the end and pipe on everything in sight and enjoy!