Happy Tuesday y’all and I’m going to be self serving here for a second and say Happy Birthday to me!!! I always feel silly being celebrated just because it’s my birthday because I didn’t actually do anything except be born, really, mom’s are the ones that should be celebrated since they do the whole birthing thing, but if you want to bring me cake (especially cake) and presents I won’t argue too much.
It always makes me laugh when family and friends start asking me what I want for my birthday because ultimately the only thing I ever want is food (and maybe Lululemon gift cards hehe). My favorite foods from my favorite restaurants are always the first thing to pop into my head, but only asking for food makes me feel like a goob
but my inner fat kid is happy so I usually don’t.
What I do do (I said doodoo hehe, also I am turning 5 this year, obvi) is make myself birthday waffles and I went extra special this year and made myself Funfetti Cake Waffles, OMG yes, actual cake batter waffles with all the extra awesomeness that is lots and lots of sprinkles. Y’all these waffles are ridiculous.
All the flavor and softness of cake, everything that is perfect about a waffle and let’s not forget how adorably birthday-ishly festive they are. Basically I’m obsessed and these will be made every birthday morning from now on, or of course any cheat day. Thank y’all so much for stopping by and I hope you all have a fantastic day!!!
funfetti cake mix…
eggs, oil, water…
all mixed up (and forgot to take a pic with the extra sprinkles)…
into your waffle maker…
- 1 (15.25 Ounce) Box of Funfetti Cake Mix.
- 1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil.
- 1 Cup of Water.
- 3 Eggs.
- 1/4-1/2 Cup of Rainbow Sprinkles (Optional).
- Whipped Cream & Ice Cream For Garnish (Optional).
- 1 Waffle Maker.
- Preheat your waffle maker on high.
- In a large bowl, place the cake mix, oil, water and eggs and with a whisk, mix until combined.
- Now stir in your extra sprinkles (which are optional) until evenly combined.
- Spray your waffle maker with non-stick butter spray and pour 3/4-1 Cup of batter into your waffle maker and cook for 3-4 minutes (every waffle maker is different so just keep an eye out) or until done.
- Finish making all of your waffles, serve warm with extra sprinkles, whipped cream and ice cream and enjoy!!!
- When using 3/4-1 Cup of batter, just know there will be some spillage of the batter on the sides of the waffle maker while cooking, but this makes for a thicker waffle.