Happy Happy Friday everybody!!! Before we get into this delicious post, I am going to ask y’all a big
huge, gigantic favor to please go vote for me HERE . I know, it has nothing to do with food, but music is and has always been a gigantic part of my life (I even have a Bachelor’s in Music Business), and I thought it would be cool to join in on the competition 😀 You’ll see my mug when you scroll down a bit, and if you could please log in and please give me 5 music notes that would be soooo awesome and appreciated. So now that’s out of the way, lets get to the deliciousness shall we?
Apparently “Smummer” is in full swing which is obviously 100% A-OK with me. Just in case you hadn’t heard, Smummer is basically S’mores everything for the summertime which makes me sooo happy because I pretty much practice “Smear,” …that sounds weird, scratch that, let’s just say that S’mores are never in season for me, they are enjoyed all year round, I love them that much.
Also, Golden Grahams just happen to be hands down one of my favorite cereals ever too. Just so y’all know, I literally keep zero cereal in the house on non cheat days, and yes that includes “healthy” cereals too, because I have no self control, cereal is definitely my drug of choice (next to doughnuts, obvi). So, a favorite cereal like Golden Grahams is definitely a fixture on my cheat days.
I was feeling especially
hangry hungry for all things cereal, crispy treat and s’mores a few days before my big cheat day and I just knew that they all needed to be combined into one delicious, yet simple treat. Y’all, I’m for real drooling at the thought of these bars. I’m obsessed with these bars, the golden grahams are so crunchy, the marshmallows are nice and gooey and there is just enough chocolate in them to pop. Mmmm, please, just go make these, they’re super simple and super duper tasty. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and thank you so much for stopping by!!!
the best way to start things, with butter…
and forgot to show all of the marshmallows when I put them in the pot, but here they are melted…
golden grahams into the pot…
and the pic w/everything mixed and with the added chocolate chips was so blurry, I just couldn’t add it, so here’s everything in the pan cooking in the oven…
- 1 (12 Ounce) Box of Golden Grahams Cereal.
- 1 (10 Ounce) Bag of Mini Marshmallows, Set Aside about 10 to Stick Into The Top.
- 1/2 Cup (or More) of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.
- 6 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter.
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla.
- 9x9 Inch Baking Pan.
- Spray your baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pot, melt your butter over medium low heat, now add in your marshmallows and while stirring constantly melt them together with the butter until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Now, quickly stir in the Golden Grahams until evenly mixed together and then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Evenly spread the cereal/marshmallow/chocolate chip mixture into your baking pan and stick marshmallows into the treats all over the top.
- Place into the oven for 3-5 minutes or until the marshmallows start to puff up and turn a bit brown.
- Let cool for a bit, cut up into bars and enjoy!!!
- Feel free to use more chocolate chips, I just like more marshmallow and graham cereal in my treats.