I hope none of y’all have read the title of this recipe and let out a big sigh at another krispy treat recipe, especially so soon after my Snickerdoodle Krispy Treats, but honestly I just couldn’t help myself. I always seem to forget how awesome homemade krispy treats are… like, can’t quit eating until they’re all gone kind of awesome.
Let’s be real, the pre-made in the shiny bag, though tasty, don’t hold a candle to the real deal. Since I love and have always loved Lucky Charms (I’m an adult I promise), I figured melted butter and marshmallows thrown into a giant bowl of Lucky Charms couldn’t be anything less than amazing, and I was right.
Y’all, I had planned on saving some of these for my neighbor’s kids, and I almost ate the entire pan without even realizing it, please no judgement. These are sooo delicious, and now I am already planning on making other versions of these. Happy Wednesday!!
Lucky Charms into the bowl…
- 8 Cups of Lucky Charms Cereal.
- 1 Cup (2 Sticks) of Butter.
- 2 (10 Ounce) Bags of Miniature Marshmallows.
- 2 Tablespoons of Vanilla.
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
- 9x13 Pan.
- In a large bowl place your Lucky Charms Cereal, set aside.
- Place aluminum foil into your 9x13 pan and spray with non stick spray and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt your butter.
- Once melted, add the marshmallows, vanilla and salt, stirring over low heat until marshmallows are melted, and everything is completely mixed together.
- Remove your marshmallow mixture off the heat and immediately pour over cereal and gently stir together until the cereal is completely coated, then evenly spread your mixture into your foiled pan.
- Let your cereal mixture cool to room temperature uncovered, and once set remove from pan by lifting out the aluminum foil and cut into pieces and enjoy!