Happy Friday y’all!!! Thank goodness it’s Friday you guys, I’m about ready for the weekend, and by ‘about’ I mean, holy crud, can Saturday please hurry up and get here?! I really am not a proponent of making time pass by any faster than it already is and life is precious and all that, but datgum, it needs to be the weekend.
It’s just been one of those weeks, I’ve been super salty since Monday, and then things keep popping up to get on every remaining last nerve…I know #firstworldproblems and all, and I’ll chill out in a couple of days and feel guilty for being so snarky all week…but not today. Luckily, tomorrow is my cheat day and I can feed my feelings with doughnuts and pizza (yeah, I just admitted that on the Internet), oh well, judge all you want, though I’m sure most of you won’t since I assume you love food as much as I do haha.
Oh and let’s not forget, I totally have this Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pie to enjoy! I made this on my last cheat day, and honestly was already so full from the day, I was only able to eat one slice and y’all this pie is amazing. So in normal fashion, I wrapped it really really well and stuck it back in the freezer to enjoy this weekend.
I came across this recipe on Instagram, and I was sooo impressed by the ease of this recipe and not to mention how freaking delicious it looked, I absolutely had to make it. It also doesn’t hurt that I have maybe the biggest box of Rice Krispies in my pantry right now that I had bought for a recipe a couple of weeks ago, and the
Godzilla sized giant box of cereal was the only one they had in the entire store.
So, I’ve been attempting to put Rice Krispies in everything to use them up, hence another reason why this recipe was so appealing. Feel free to substitute out the peanut butter ice cream with one you may prefer (hello Cookies & Cream), but holy moly, that chocolate Rice Krispy crust filled with all of that peanut buttery goodness, mmmm, peanut butter is life y’all. I hope you get to enjoy this pie soon, I hope you have a wonderful weekend and thank you so much for stopping by and being so nice and putting up with my obviously snarky self this week 😀
Rice Krispies into the bowl…
all mixed in (with a wonderfully blurry photo to go along with it)…
pressed into the spring form pan
softened ice cream in…
ready to go into the freezer for a bit…
- 3/4 Cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Melted.
- 3 Cups of Rice Krispy Cereal.
- 2 Pints of Peanut Butter Ice Cream With Peanut Butter Cups.
- 9" Springform Pan.
- Peanut Butter Cups for Garnish (Optional).
- Take out your ice cream and place into a separate bowl to help soften up, set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, place your chocolate chips in it and place in your microwave on 30 second increments until completely melted.
- Once melted, mix in your Rice Krispies until completely coated.
- Using a rubber spatula (with non-stick spray on it helps) or with your hands (running your hands under water help the sticking too) press the chocolate krispies into your spring form pan into an even layer and up the sides about inch, place in freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Spread your softened ice cream into your prepared crust, cover and freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with more peanut butter cups (you will want to), take your pie out of the spring form pan, slice and enjoy!!!