Happy Happy Monday y’all!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, I definitely did. Finally went to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie which I personally liked, but the boyfriend wasn’t nearly as impressed haha. I think he thought the best part was the movie popcorn and candy, which I’m totally down with, because a movie just isn’t the same without it.
This is why I can’t stand going to see movies on non cheat days because it’s pretty torturous sitting there smelling all of that delicious popcorn and seeing the candy when you get to sit there
pouting and not getting to have any. It is totally a tradition for us to get the huge popcorn, and I sneak bring in one of those giant bags of Reese’s Pieces or Peanut M&M’s (don’t tell on me to the theaters hehe) and we’ll pour the bags of candy into the popcorn, mmmm. Sweet and salty as I have mentioned a gazillion times is hands down my favorite combo, so even if a movie turns out to be poo, at least we have totally awesome snack foods.
Enjoying this delicious combo regularly at the theater over the years got me thinking about a homemade spin that included all of the peanut buttery goodness and crunch of our ‘creation’ at the theater. I decided it should be a peanut butter base on the popcorn and then there definitely needed to be the added crunch of some mini M&M’s, and because I love peanut butter, I thought some extra peanut butter chips could be thrown in as well.
OMG y’all, this popcorn turned out to be freaking fantastic! It is sooo rich, but you’ll fool yourself into thinking that you’ll have just a little bite, but you will just keep going back for more and a little bit more and then you will look up and it will all be eaten haha. This popcorn is crunchy, with all the flavor of peanut butter and the little chocolate bits of the M&M’s is just wonderfully decadent. This is a must make, and it’s pretty darn easy to throw together too. I hope you all have a wonderful day and thank you so much for stopping by!!!
coconut oil into your machine…
once the popcorn is done, place sugar and corn syrup in your saucepan…
then throw in the peanut butter and vanilla…
all mixed up…
then pour all over your popcorn…
place onto your tray, then pour M&M’s and peanut butter chips all over…
then bake for a bit…
- 1/2 Cup of Popcorn Kernels.
- 1 Cup of Granulated Sugar.
- 1 Cup of Light Corn Syrup.
- 1 Cup of Creamy Peanut Butter.
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract.
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil.
- 2 Teaspoons of Pink Himalayan Salt or Table Salt.
- 3/4 Cup of Peanut Butter Chips (Optional).
- 3/4 Cup of Mini M&M's (Optional).
- 1 Popcorn Maker.
- 1 Large Cookie Sheet With Sides.
- Preheat your oven to 225 degrees F.
- Pop your popcorn with the coconut oil or according to the specific directions for your popcorn maker.
- Place your popcorn in a large bowl making sure to keep any up-popped kernels out and sprinkle the salt all over your popcorn, mix it in and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the granulated sugar and corn syrup.
- On medium heat bring the sugar and corn syrup to a boil and while stirring constantly, boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the peanut butter and vanilla, stir well to combine and pour all over the popcorn and mix thoroughly until evenly coated.
- Evenly spread the popcorn onto the cookie sheet and pour your mini M&M's and peanut butter chips all over.
- Now place your popcorn cookie sheet into your oven and bake for 45 minutes, making sure to stir a little every 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, let it cool, break into pieces and enjoy!
- No problem if you don't have a popcorn maker, just use a lightly salted microwave popcorn version to equal out to about 4 cups of popped popcorn.