Happy Monday everybody! Today’s recipe comes courtesy of my boyfriend…well kind of. Being the picky (picky, picky, picky…) eater that he is, it’s always awesome to hear about foods he actually likes 🙂 and when he and I first started dating he would always talk about these preacher cookies that his mom and sister make, and how they are his absolute favorite.
Months went by and after I was finally introduced to his family I of course had to ask about the infamous preacher cookies. Come to find out, they were only called that because they were served at a lot of church functions, so no wonder I couldn’t find them online.
Anyways, I so appreciate his mom sharing this recipe with me, and these may not be the most beautiful cookies in the world but they’re so easy to make and sooo scrumptious, honestly downright addictive (hello! peanut butter and chocolate!). Have a great start to your week, and I hope you get to make some of these soon.
butter, sugar, cocoa powder, butter, evaporated milk into the pot…
- 2 Cups of Granulated Sugar.
- 3 Tablespoons of Cocoa Powder.
- 1 Stick (1/2 Cup) of Unsalted Butter.
- 1/2 Cup of Carnation Evaporated Milk.
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla.
- 1/2 Cup of Creamy Peanut Butter.
- 2 Cups of Minute Oatmeal.
- Wax Paper.
- In a medium sized pot on medium high heat, place the sugar, cocoa powder, butter, and evaporated milk and bring to a boil.
- Boil for one minute then remove from the heat, and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Now add your vanilla, peanut butter and oatmeal to your cocoa powder mixture, and mix until well combined.
- Now spoon onto wax paper in 1-2" sized balls, let set, then enjoy!!