Happy Monday everybody! I know, I know I did it again (in a very un-Britney way), I totally skipped this last cheat day, because sometimes I just need to haha. Unfortunately, skipping cheat days makes me want cake (cookies, pie, etc.) even more and sometimes those cravings need to be satisfied.
Luckily, I happened across this recipe on a Youtube channel of a fit girl I subscribe to called Chelsea Lifts, which I recommend checking out, she’s got a lot of great info.
After watching her video on making this recipe and how much she emphasized that this was the only protein baked item she had ever made that didn’t taste dry or chewy I knew that I had to make it.
Y’all I am genuinely impressed by how much like angel food cake this tastes, but as always with protein/lean food, it will never taste precisely like honest to goodness angel food cake, but this is yummy. I ate it with some Walden Farms sugar free syrup (yes, all the chemicals) and it was a genuinely good substitute for some cake. I hope you have a wonderful Monday and thank you so much for stopping by!
Everything except the protein powder into your bowl…
starting to get a little foamy…
see how you have stiff peaks…
now for the protein powder…
fold it in nice and gentle…
into your pan…
since it’s a smaller pan, see how much it’s puffing up…
- 7 Egg Whites, Room Temperature (Do Not Use Egg Whites From a Carton).
- 1 Teaspoon of Cream of Tartar.
- Pinch of Salt.
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla.
- 1/8-1/4 Cup of Calorie Free Sweetener (I Used 1/8 Cup of Stevia In The Raw).
- 1/2 Scoop of Protein Powder (I Used PE Science Brand in Snickerdoodle).
- 6"- 8" Cake Pan (I Used a 6").
- Sugar Free Syrup (Optional).
- Separate your egg whites and let them sit out for 2-2.5 hours to make sure they are room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a handheld or stand mixer with whisk attachment place all ingredients into your bowl EXCEPT the protein powder and beat, beat, beat until stiff peaks form.
- Now gently fold your protein powder into your meringue, until mixed in.
- Now pour your meringue into your cake pan and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and around the edges.
- Cool and enjoy with some sugar free syrup if desired.