Happy Happy Thursday everybody!!! Among my
numerous food obsessions is Rice Krispy Treats. I know, I know, it’s one of those recipes that people who can’t bake in any way shape or form can make from the time they’re kids, and probably perceived on the lower end of the dessert totem pole.
Obviously loving this
hillbilly simple dessert is no embarrassment to me, they’re straight up addictive. Speaking of addictive, if y’all are not aware, I am a huge Disney nerd, like huge, especially Walt Disney World. I’m as we speak bouncing around with excitement that this will be the first year I will actually be at Disney for Halloween, squeeeeee!!!
I’m still debating what costume I’m going to wear because it’s Orlando which means there is a really big possibility I might end up a big sweaty mess, but whatevs I’ll bring a few options. If y’all didn’t already know, I’m going to let you in on a little secret, Disney World has some of the best Rice Krispy treats ever! I mean come on, Mickey Mouse shaped Rice Krispy treats just taste better (must be all of that magic hehe).
I kept seeing all of their delectable Halloween treats pop up in my Instagram feed and I knew I was going to need a fix ASAP and that’s where these bad boys come in. These Pumpkin Spice Krispy Treats turned out absolutely perfect!!! I will freely admit that I ate most of these all on my own #noregrets, and if you’re worried that these will taste overly pumpkin spice-ish, don’t, there really is just a hint of pumpkin and spices. I really hope you get a chance to make these soon, I hope you have a wonderful day and thank you so much for stopping by!
melt your butter in your saucepan…
now add your pumpkin puree…
once those are mixed together well, add your marshmallows…
all melted and bubbly…
add your spices, vanilla and salt, let cool for a bit and add your Rice Krispies…
all mixed together…
into your pan & I sprinkled some more cinnamon for good measure…
- 1/3 Cup of Pumpkin Puree.
- 1 (10 Ounce) Bag of Mini Marshmallows.
- 6 Cups of Rice Krispies Cereal.
- 3 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter, Melted.
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Nutmeg.
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Cloves.
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Store Bought Pre-Made Cookie Icing, For Garnish (Optional).
- 9x9 Pan.
- Wax Paper.
- Spray your pan with non-stick spray and place the wax paper into your pan (seems weird, but it helps to come out even easier), and then spray the paper too.
- In a large saucepan, melt your butter in it, then add the pumpkin puree and cook together until combined and hot.
- Now add the whole bag of marshmallows into your saucepan stirring until completely melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in all of the spices, salt and vanilla.
- Let your marshmallow mixture cool slightly for about 5 minutes and then add your Rice Krispies into the mixture and mix until well combined.
- Now place your marshmallow/krispies mixture evenly into your pan.
- Cover and place into your fridge.
- Once chilled, take your treats out of the pan, cut into squares, and drizzle some cookie icing for a little extra deliciousness and enjoy!!!
- Before cutting them into squares I sprinkled some more cinnamon on top because I love it.
- You are welcome to substitute the pre-made cookie frosting with melted white chocolate or candy melts.