Hey y’all & Happy Monday! With Thanksgiving only next week (holy cow!), I figured some of you guys might be scrambling for some easy dessert recipes too, so I just knew I had to repost one of my absolute Fall favorites. Seriously, these pictures are making my mouth water, I absolutely adore this bread pudding. Crockpot desserts are too wonderful because of their ease and they stay nice and warm until they’re ready to be served. I can’t recommend enough y’all add this to your Thanksgiving menu this year. Have a wonderful day and thank you so much for stopping by!!!….
Happy Happy Monday y’all!! I have been waiting for forever (okay, a week) to share this recipe with you guys! This crockpot pumpkin bread pudding is so on my list now for my favorite fall recipes.
First off, you really can’t beat desserts made in the crockpot, honestly if the thought of baking cakes/cupcakes/bread pudding in the oven is intimidating, I highly recommend getting a start with a crockpot.
Second, this is pumpkin (obvi) and me and pumpkin are BFF’s and last but not least this is bread pudding and again bread pudding is always a good idea, like always. Also, the amazingly decadent sauce I poured all over this stuff is totally optional but I really really recommend you make it because it totally puts this bread pudding over the edge.
This recipe couldn’t be any easier to make, and it baked up so easily and perfectly, let me tell you how incredible your kitchen is going to be smelling while this is baking up, yum!!! I hope you had a great weekend, have a wonderful start to your week and thank you so much for stopping by!!!
into your crockpot…
all of the ingredients into your bowl…
mix, mix, mix…
pour over your bread…
make sure the bread is all covered up…
bake, bake, bake…
now, for the sauce…
- 1 Loaf of French Bread Pudding, Torn Into Pieces.
- 2 Cups of Half & Half or Heavy Whipping Cream.
- 1 (15 Ounce) Can of Pumpkin Puree.
- 3/4 Cup of Granulated Sugar.
- 3/4 Cup of Light Brown Sugar.
- 4 Eggs.
- 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon.
- 2 Tablespoons of Vanilla Extract.
- 4 to 5 Quart Slow Cooker.
- 1 Cup (2 Sticks) of Unsalted Butter.
- 1 Cup of Half & Half.
- 1 Cup of Light Brown Sugar.
- Liberally spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- You can cut up your whole bread loaf with a knife or just rip it up into pieces and place into your slow cooker pot.
- Now in a medium/large bowl place your pumpkin puree, half & half, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon and whisk all together until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture all over your bread pieces in your crockpot and with a spoon or spatula, press the bread down to make sure all are well covered.
- Now turn your crockpot on high and bake for 2.5 hours (or on low for 5.5).
- In a medium saucepan, place your butter, half & half and brown sugar.
- On medium heat melt all of the ingredients together, then raise the heat to high and bring your ingredients to a boil for about 20 seconds, lower the heat to low then simmer for about 5 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- When your bread pudding is done, when you serve it, pour this delicious sauce all over and enjoy!!!