****Happy Happy Tuesday everybody!!! I just had to do a re-post on these, because y’all, how adorable are these little guys?!! Oh and sooo delicious, I mean chocolate and strawberry? Perfect combo! Valentine’s Day will be here before we know it so I can’t begin to emphasize how much y’all need these in your
mouth life!! Have a wonderful day you guys, thank you so much for stopping by and GO FALCONS!!!****
~~~SIDE NOTE~~~I’ve been having some technical issues with my blog, so for the time being, it might look a bit wonky, sorry!
Oh how I love Valentine’s Day, even when I was single
for a million years for a while I still loved it. It doesn’t hurt that it’s a holiday that is focused on all things chocolate, pink and red, and hello, chocolate covered strawberries are seriously one of the best things (food wise) I’ve ever received for this awesome holiday.
I’m a sucker for a fun and (obviously) delicious cupcake and wanted to recreate chocolate covered strawberries with my favorite strawberry cake recipe with a whipped chocolate frosting. This cake recipe is amazing, easy to make, tastes incredible, and even tastes better after a couple days because the strawberries in the mix moisten the cake even more. I also just so happened to have a small heart shaped biscuit cutter which I cut out the middle of the cupcake and filled with the whipped chocolate frosting. Oh my gosh y’all these are so incredible and just so darn cute I can’t even handle it 🙂 These would be wonderful to make for the sweetheart(s) in your life, or heck, just treat yourself.
Start with your white cake mix and 3 tablespoons of flour…
- 1 Box of White Cake Mix.
- 1 Package of Strawberry Jello Mix.
- 3 Tablespoon of Flour.
- 4 Eggs.
- 1/2 Cup of Water.
- 1 Cup of Vegetable Oil.
- 1/2 Package of Frozen Strawberries in Syrup (16 Ounces) or Fresh Strawberries.
- 1 Cup of Milk.
- 5 Tablespoons of Flour.
- 2 Sticks of Unsalted Butter, Softened.
- 1 Cup of Granulated Sugar.
- 3 Tablespoons of Cocoa Powder.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line 24 cupcake tins with liners and set aside.
- With a handheld or stand mixer with paddle attachment mix your cake mix, flour, jello mix, eggs, water, vegetable oil and frozen strawberries until well incorporated.
- With an ice cream scoop or spoon, fill your liners 3/4 of the way full and bake for 18-22 minutes or until they spring back to the touch.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat your milk and flour stirring constantly until it becomes the texture of thin mashed potatoes and remove from the heat.
- Let the flour/milk mixture cool completely.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment or hand mixer whip your butter, then add your sugar and whip together until light and fluffy.
- Now add your flour/milk mixture to the sugar and butter and whip, whip, whip until it is the texture of whipped cream.
- Now add your cocoa powder and whip until completely incorporated.
- Enjoy this amazing whipped chocolate frosting.
- Since I used light colored cupcake tins I set my oven to 375 degrees F, if you are using dark colored cupcake tins set your oven to 350 degrees F.
- I used a small heart shaped biscuit cutter to make the heart shapes in the cupcakes then used a Wilton disposable bag with a Wilton 12 tip to fill the hearts.