Happy Happy Tuesday everybody!!! Y’all, and it is soo happy. I recently switched back to full on physical production work (film/TV stuff) and I’m beyond thrilled. For the last 2 years I was working in a very off production job, and honestly I had been wanting out for quite some time.
It had started to affect me in ways I didn’t even realize were spilling over into my personal life and my emotional well being (y’all feel me?). So due to nothing short of Divine intervention, I’m doing the exact job in the exact department I’ve wanted to be in for forever. I have no joke been bounding out of bed (in the very early AM I might add) in the morning because I am actually looking forward to going to work again. The other job had me dreading every single day like whoa, and y’all life is too short and precious to feel like that 😀 I just wanted to express my gratitude out loud because I feel like it’s practically coming out of my eyeballs haha.
This is basically the ultimate Christmas present that couldn’t be bought, I’m just sooo thankful to God, for reals. Anyways, onto the other kind of sweet stuff, this delicious brown sugar and spice Chex Mix. I got this recipe straight off of Chex Mix’s recipe site, and what a great find y’all. This is the easiest Chex Mix I’ve ever made and the perfect mixture of sweet, salty and it’s just so full of flavors from the spices. I totally recommend making this to have on hand for the holidays. Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!!!
Cereal into your bowl…
then your nuts…
then sugars, water and spices into your cup with the melted butter…
mix that up and get it boiling in the microwave, then pour over your nut/chex mix…
mix together and back into the microwave…
then add your yogurt covered cranberries (if you want to)…
mix together and pour onto your tray to let cool…
- 6 Cups of Vanilla Chex Cereal.
- 1/2 Cup of Lightly Salted Roasted Almonds.
- 1/2 Cup of Lightly Salted Roasted Cashew Halves.
- 2 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter.
- 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar, Packed.
- 2 Tablespoons of Granulated Sugar.
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Water.
- 2 Teaspoons of Ground Cinnamon.
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Ginger.
- 1/2 Cup of Yogurt Covered Cranberries (Optional).
- In a large microwave safe bowl, place your Chex cereal and nuts, set aside.
- Place some wax or parchment paper onto a large cookie tray, set aside.
- Now, in a large (at least 2 cup sized) microwave safe measuring cup, melt your butter in it.
- Now stir in your brown sugar, granulated sugar, water and spices into the butter.
- Microwave the butter/brown sugar mixture until just starting to boil, then pour this mixture over your cereal/nut mixture and mix until evenly coated.
- Now place this mixture back into the microwave and cook uncovered on high for 2-3 minutes, taking out and stirring every minute.
- Once finished, stir in your cranberries and spread out evenly onto your cookie sheet to cool.
- I think some mini M&M's would be awesome to substitute for the cranberries if that's not your thing.