I know I have mentioned my love of American Cookie Company before, and how their cookies and cookie cakes are incredible, but what I haven’t mentioned is that they have this cookie behemoth they make called a Double Doozie.
Trust me, this thing is perfectly named y’all. It’s two giant M&M cookies with their cake frosting in the middle, making a giant doozie of a cookie sandwich. I don’t know why but I got to thinking about how much I wanted one, and realized how much I didn’t feel like going to the mall to get one (ATL traffic y’all) and decided it was about time to make my own.
While thinking about how to make my homemade M&M doozies, it made me think of my friend Matt. You see, Matt and I worked on an ABC TV show together in Los Angeles for months and months, that production office had a giant container of M&M’s which Matt munched on all day (he’s still skinny too…boys). Anyway, can’t say I’ve ever seen anyone who loved M&M’s so much, so every time I see M&M’s I think of him haha.
After this random train of thought I had to say hey to my L.A. friend to see what he had been up to, and it’s totally awesome because he has started his own production company. How cool is that?! I’m so happy and proud, so I have to brag on him a bit and put a link to his site here . So after y’all check that out, for reals make these. Yes, they’re enormous and ridiculous but dang these are so freaking good! Even I couldn’t eat a whole one in one sitting, because of their enormous size, and you could totally make the cookies smaller and all that, but jeez look at them 🙂 so yummy…Also, note that I doubled the cookie and frosting recipe because I knew these things would be so large and I wanted to make more than just a few sandwiches. Have a happy Monday y’all!!
- 3/4 Cup (1 1/2 Sticks) of Unsalted Butter, Softened.
- 1 Cup of Light Brown Sugar, Packed.
- 1 Egg.
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla.
- 1 (3.4 Ounce) Box of Instant French Vanilla Pudding Mix.
- 2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour.
- 3/4 Teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt.
- 1 Cup of Mini M&Ms.
- 1 Cup of Milk.
- 5 Tablespoons of Flour.
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract.
- 2 Sticks of Unsalted Butter, Softened.
- 1 Cup of Granulated Sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a handheld or stand mixer with paddle attachment place your butter and brown sugar, beating them together until smooth.
- Now add your egg, vanilla, salt, baking soda and pudding mix and mix these all together.
- Now add your flour and beat until combined, now add your M&M's and mix until they are evenly distributed.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop your dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper pressing them flat with your fingers.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until edges are slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven let cool, then place in airtight container and place in refrigerator to make sure they are slightly chilled before putting frosting in the middle.
- In a saucepan on medium high heat place your milk and flour.
- Continuously stir together until the consistency of thin mashed potatoes is reached.
- Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla and either sit it out until it cools to room temperature or place in fridge to cool completely.
- Once flour/milk mixture has cooled completely, with a handheld or stand mixer with paddle attachment place your butter and sugar into the bowl, and whip until light and fluffy.
- Now add your flour/milk mixture and whip the heck out of it (seriously, you're gonna beat this for a while) until the texture of whipped cream is reached.
- Now place your whipped frosting (as much or as little as you want) in the middle of 2 cookies, and voila you have a double doozie.
- Once your