Happy Happy Tuesday everybody!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful (and hopefully long) weekend like I did. The weekend was certainly improved by the making (and obviously the eating) of this incredible recipe. These are the kinds of recipes that are my absolute favorite, super easy, not a crazy amount of ingredients and downright addictive.
I was lucky enough to try these delicious cheesy potatoes at a Christmas party and the hostess was nice enough to send me the recipe after I told her I was officially obsessed with this dish. Funny enough, she had first tried this deliciousness at a work party and also confessed her love of the recipe to the bringer of this dish, so here we are, sharing it on the Internet, but I have no idea of it’s origins haha. You really can’t beat (a basically) one bowl recipe, I mean obviously you’ll need a smaller bowl for the corn flakes/butter mixture but that’s no biggie.
I had everything ready to go into the oven before my oven was even done pre-heating if that gives you any indication of how fast this one is to throw together. This casserole is so deliciously filled with hash browns and cheese that cook up so well together, and let’s not forget the absolutely wonderful, crunchy and buttery topping, you will definitely be going back for seconds
thirds, fourths but I certainly won’t judge. I hope you get to make this crowd-pleaser soon, are having a wonderful day and thank you so much for stopping by!!!
all the ingredients (except the topping ingredients) into the bowl…
all mixed together…
now for the topping, corn flakes ready to be crushed…
butter into your crushed corn flakes, then mix them up…
then the corn flake/butter mixture on top of your casserole, with a nice sprinkle of paprika…
- 2 -1 Lb Bags of Hash Brown Potatoes, Thawed.
- 1/2 Cup (1 Stick) of Unsalted Butter, Melted.
- 1/2 Cup of Chopped Onion.
- 1 (10.5 Ounce) Can of Cream of Chicken Soup.
- 12 Ounces of Sour Cream.
- 2 Cups of Cheddar Cheese, Shredded.
- Salt and Pepper to Taste.
- 9x13 Pan.
- 2 Cups of Corn Flakes, Crushed.
- 1/4 Cup of Unsalted Butter, Melted.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, place the hash browns, butter, onion, soup, sour cream and cheddar cheese in and mix well.
- Now add the salt and pepper to taste and mix again.
- Now place the potato mixture into your pan.
- You can either place the corn flakes into a bag and smash with your hand, or just using your hands crush up the cereal.
- Then place the cereal in a bowl and mix in the melted butter until evenly coated.
- Now evenly spread the cereal mixture on top of the potato casserole, and a nice sprinkle of the paprika and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!!!