Well we are officially into the New Year, and you know what is awesome for starting off the New Year??? Well sure, a healthy lifestyle and consistent exercise..duh..but not for my cheat day 🙂 Mac-n-cheese sounds like just the thing to ring in the New Year, and did I mention that it’s bite-sized?
Oh yes.. it is.. and it is amazing y’all. I took my iron skillet mac and cheese recipe, scaled it down a bit
well except where I added cream cheese and baked it in muffin tins. This stuff is awesome, just as perfect as the kind made in an iron skillet except wonderfully handheld. I do have an affinity for munchy, snacky, shove in your mouth in one bite food and these totally fit the bill, and hello, appetizers, these would be perfect! These are easy to make and awesome..what else could you want? 🙂 Hello 2015!!
Cook your macaroni…
- 1 1/4 Cup of Dry Macaroni, Cooked.
- 5 Tablespoons of Cold Butter, Thinly Sliced.
- 4 Ounces of Mild Cheddar, Shredded.
- 2 Ounces of Parmesan, Shredded.
- 4 Ounces of Sharp Cheddar, Shredded.
- 2 Ounces of Cream Cheese, Cut Into Small Pieces.
- 4 Eggs.
- 1/2 Cup of Milk.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook your macaroni until soft and drain.
- In a large bowl, place your macaroni and butter and mix.
- Now add your eggs and mix well.
- Add all of your cheeses and milk and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (I usually salt pretty liberally).
- With an ice cream scooper or spoon fill your greased tins 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake 20 minutes, and let them cool completely before removing from tins.
- You can substitute any kinds of cheese that you prefer or even add more than I used, this recipe is awesome like that.