It dawned on me the other day I had not made any mini cheesecakes in forever when one of my coworkers was asking when I was going to bring in some more.
Obviously I wanted to add some extra fun to these cheesecakes, so I threw in some funfetti cake mix (hello sprinkles!) and put birthday cake golden Oreos (hello! even more sprinkles!) as the bottom crust.
These are phenomenal y’all!! They taste like an amazing cheesecake and cupcake hybrid, and I totally did the whole eye roll, mmmm thing because these are soooo good. Don’t even think about it, just make these 🙂
First, cupcake liners and Oreos…
- 22-Golden Birthday Cake Oreos.
- 2 (8 Ounce) Blocks of Cream Cheese, Softened.
- 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar.
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- 2 Large Eggs.
- 1/2 Cup of Sour Cream.
- 1 1/3 Cup of Funfetti Cake Mix.
- 1 Tablespoon of Rainbow Sprinkles Plus More For Garnish.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Place 22 cupcake liners into your cupcake tin, then place one golden oreo into the bottom of each liner and set aside.
- With a handheld or stand mixer place your cream cheese into the bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add the granulated sugar and vanilla and mix again.
- Now add your eggs and mix.
- Then add your sour cream and mix that in as well.
- Now add in your funfetti cake mix and mix until smooth, intermittently scraping down the side of the bowl.
- Using an ice cream scoop fill your cupcake liners to the top with your batter.
- Bake your cheesecakes with 25-30 minutes (I took mine out at 27) let cool and place in your fridge for at least 3 hours to completely chill.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with sprinkles if you like.
- The extra sprinkles I used in the batter were so small that they dissolved into the batter which made it a very light pink color, so I suggest using hardier sprinkles (sounds so weird) if you want to throw in some for more funfetti action.