Happy Wednesday everybody!! Holy junk y’all it’s June!! We’re 6 months into the year already, what the heck?!
The only good thing about time flying by like crazy is that my next trip to Disney World will be here before we know it…yes, I have a Disney countdown app on my phone, yes I look at it quite frequently, yes I’m an
kind of adult #nerdalert.
Anyways, I could talk Disney stuff all day so let’s move on to what we’re really here for, food, and most importantly today, mini desserts! I’ve had some version of this recipe continue to pop up in my Pinterest feed for forever, so I figured it was about dang time to make them, because they looked not only super delicious but super duper cute…cute goes a long way with food in my book.
Y’all, these were so moist, and flavorful, especially with the brown sugar oozing down these little guys (my apologies, I said moist & ooze in the same sentence…on a food blog, ew). Anyways, these were darn easy to make, and soooo tasty, especially with a scoop or 5 of vanilla ice cream, noms! Have a wonderful day & thank you so much for stopping by!
I just went ahead and measured out a cup of the pineapple juice…
cake mix, pineapple juice, eggs, butter…
mix, mix, mix…
brown sugar, melted butter…
all mixed up…
evenly distributed among the muffin tins…
with the cherries…
then cake batter…
bake, bake, bake…
- 2 (20 Ounce) Cans of DOLE Pineapple Slices.
- 1/3 Cup of Unsalted Butter, Melted.
- 2/3 Cup of Packed Brown Sugar.
- 9 Maraschino Cherries, Stems Removed.
- 1 (18.25 Ounce) Box of Yellow Cake Mix, Ingredients Below Called For On Box.
- 3 Eggs.
- 1/3 Cup of Butter, Softened.
- 1 Cup of Pineapple Juice (From Pineapple Slices Can Replacing 1 Cup of Water).
- Extra Large Muffin Tin.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray your muffin tin with non stick spray, set aside.
- Measure out your pineapple juice from your cans, set aside.
- In a medium bowl with a handheld mixer, place your cake mix, pineapple juice, eggs and softened butter and mix until smooth, set aside.
- In a small bowl with a fork, mix your melted butter and brown sugar together, then evenly spoon mixture into the bottoms of your 6 tins.
- Lightly press 1 pineapple slice into each tin on top of the brown sugar, if they don't quite fit, it's totally fine to cut the slices in half or cut small pieces out of them-which I did.
- Now place 1 cherry in the middle of the pineapple slice in each tin and set aside.
- Place 1/3 cup of batter in each tin on top of each pineapple slice/brown sugar and bake for 20-25 minutes or until they spring back to the touch.
- Let cool slightly, gently run a knife around the edges of your cakes and invert pan onto large platter or plate--they will be messy.
- Serve warm with ice cream and enjoy!
- Please note that I put 2 (20 Ounce) cans of pineapple slices not because you will need all of that pineapple, but you will need 2 cans for the juice, if you want to use your own separate pineapple juice so as not to open a can you don't need you can do that.