Happy Happy Tuesday everybody!!! Finally it’s October!!! Which means I can shamelessly share all things pumpkin, spooky, candy corn, caramel etc. Speaking of candy corn, I just want to let y’all know that it is absolutely hands down one of my favorite candies ever, like ever. I’m not even really sure why because it’s sooo simple in it’s flavor but yummy nonetheless, I will straight up eat an entire bag by myself in one sitting #addict.
I also throw the candy pumpkins in the same category of awesome because they are identical in flavor FYI hehe. Anyways, the wonderful folks over at Simple Recipes Club sent me a gigantic box full of different kinds of candy corn. OMG y’all it was like Christmas(?) Halloween(?), okay well whatevs, it was downright awesome. There were pumpkin candy corns, regular candy corns, a Harvest mix of candy corn and even some extra cool flavors like caramel apple mmmm.
Obviously after opening the magical box of candy I knew exactly what I wanted to make with it, you know, other than just eating them all by myself. I’ve had this chex mix recipe running around in my head for a while now. I wanted crunchy, as well as sweet and salty, a little pumpkin spicy, and let’s not forget the star of the show, candy corn. Y’all this stuff was straight up crack, I was eating so much of it I am surprised that any made it to family and friends, I highly recommend you make this ASAP haha. Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!!!
Cheerios, Chex, Bugles, Pretzels into your bowl…
then, melted butter, corn syrup, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice…
mix all together…
pop into the microwave for a bit then onto your mixture and mixed in…
then the candy corns…
mix again, let set up and enjoy!!!
- 2 Cups of Pumpkin Spice Cheerios.
- 1 Cup of Cinnamon Chex.
- 2 Cups of Mini Pretzel Twists.
- 1.5 Cups of Bugles.
- 1/2-1 Cup of Candy Corn.
- 4 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter.
- 1/2 Cup of Light Brown Sugar.
- 2 Tablespoons of Light Corn Syrup.
- 1 Tablespoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- 1 Teaspoon of Sea Salt or To Taste (Optional).
- In a large bowl, place your Cheerios, Chex, Pretzels and Bugles.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe glass bowl, then add your corn syrup, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar.
- Place back into the microwave for 30-45 seconds (just watch closely) until it starts to boil.
- Pour your brown sugar/corn syrup mixture over your dry ingredients and mix all in evenly.
- Then quickly add in your candy corn and mix in as well, let your mix cool harden up a bit and enjoy!!
- If you want your chex mix to be even crunchier, after you mix in your brown sugar/corn syrup mixture you can place back into the microwave for 20-30 second increments, giving it a stir in between.
- You can totally adjust the amount or type of cereal used, I just used the kind that I like best and would have the most festive flavors.