Happy Happy Tuesday everybody!!! It’s kind of funny when you realize that you literally have eaten one specific food for dinner every night for over a week, and have been raving about it to everybody because it’s just seemingly too good to be true.
It’s funny because it didn’t dawn on me to share it here on this little blog until the
zillionth dozenth person I told about it asked if I could give them the recipe. Obviously I was hesitant to share it here because this food blog is all about ‘naughty’ foods and special treats, but honestly this is so darn good I literally feel like I’m cheating every time I eat this.
For reals y’all this is just too good to be true. A lot of high protein pancake & waffle recipes I see are absolutely loaded with carbs and tons of calories so I don’t even bother. Obviously this is not the case with this. This waffle is so fluffy and thick, I’m really not kidding when I say that you would not know that this was low carb.
Also, if you’re a peanut butter fan like myself, I highly recommend you melt half or a whole serving of some PB and pour it all over the top, and do not forget the spray butter and Walden Farms syrup. I promise you will not be disappointed with this waffle y’all. I hope you’re having an awesome day and thank you so much for stopping by.
protein powder, egg, cinnamon, baking powder…
mix it up a bit, and start adding your coconut milk in…
add coconut milk to reach the consistency you like and mix it all up…
pour onto your waffle maker and let it hang out a bit without closing the top…
and ready to eat…
all the goodies ready to go on…
- 1 Scoop of PE Science Protein Powder In Snickerdoodle.
- 1 Egg.
- About 1/2 Cup of Coconut Milk (I Used Coconut Dream Brand).
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- Butter Spray For Garnish (Optional).
- Walden Farms Calorie Free Pancake Syrup For Garnish (Optional).
- 1 Tablespoon of Jif Whipped Peanut Butter For Garnish, Melted (Optional).
- 1 Waffle Maker.
- Preheat your waffle maker on high.
- In a small bowl, place your protein powder, egg, cinnamon, baking powder together and mix together.
- Now slowly start to add your coconut milk until a thin consistency is reached but making sure it's not too thin of a consistency.
- Liberally spray your waffle maker with non-stick spray and pour your waffle batter into your waffle maker.
- Let your batter cook for about 1 minute without closing the top of your waffle maker, then close and cook until golden brown on top.
- For garnish feel free to spray a calorie free butter spray, melted peanut butter and calorie free syrup on top.
- If you melt peanut butter for garnish, don't forget to take into account that the calorie and carbohydrate amounts will be higher.
- You can add an additional egg and a bit more coconut milk to make 2 smaller waffles.