Happy Happy Tuesday everybody !!! I know it’s still early in the week, but dang y’all I’m sooo looking forward to the upcoming long weekend. Am I doing anything super crazy and fun? Heck no, but being able to just chill with family and friends and having one extra day of not having to wake up at the booty crack of dawn sounds just wonderful.
Speaking of, I genuinely can’t believe it’s almost September, for reals y’all, how did that happen? Didn’t we just start 2016? Sheesh, time is continually going by faster and faster but if we can get to Fall & the wonderful Fall temperatures faster then I’m soo okay with that haha. Anyways, I am way excited to share these cookies with you guys today, because they were totally a happy accident.
The other day I was eating my typical oatmeal with peanut butter with breakfast but I was feeling extra hungry so I decided to throw in half a banana because yum haha. Y’all that oatmeal was soo good, I had to make myself not make another bowl, but it did get me thinking about what an incredible dessert it would make. I figured cookies would be the best bet and dang y’all these are so delicious. They taste like banana bread with a hint of peanut butter, so yummy you guys. I hope you’re having a wonderful day and thank you so much for stopping by!!!
bananas & butter into your bowl…
mixed up, then add granulated sugar & brown sugar…
mix again, then add, eggs, oats, cinnamon, peanut butter, salt & baking soda…
mix again, and add some mini chocolate chips it you like…
mix again (not pretty dough, but it’s sooo delicious)…
after chilling it for a while, place onto your baking sheet…
bake, bake, bake…
- 3 Large Bananas, Very Ripe & Room Temperature.
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter, Softened.
- 3/4 Cup of Granulated Sugar.
- 1 Cup of Brown Sugar, Packed.
- 1 Cup of Cream Peanut Butter.
- 2 Eggs.
- 2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon.
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt.
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- 2 Cups of Quick Oats.
- 1 Cup of All-Purpose Flour.
- 1/4-1/2 Cup of Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (Optional).
- With a handheld or stand mixer with paddle attachment add your bananas and butter to your bowl.
- Mix the bananas and butter together until smooth.
- Now add your granulated sugar and your brown sugar to your bowl and mix again.
- Now add your eggs, peanut butter, oats, salt and baking soda and mix until well combined.
- If you want to add chocolate chips, do so now and mix until just incorporated.
- Cover and chill your cookie dough for one hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray your cookie sheet with non stick spray and using a spoon or a mini cookie dough scooper, place your cookie dough 1-2" inches apart and bake 10-12 minutes or until they're just starting to turn golden around the edges.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!!