Happy Friday everybody!! I hope y’all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I assume still recovering from aaallll the food too (as I lay here food hungover).
I am going to do something completely different today and share a healthier dessert with y’all, I know I know it’s totally against what my whole blog is about but sometimes it’s good to do something different.
I thought a dessert that tastes like it could be bad for you but is full of protein, low in carbs and calories would be helpful with all of the guilt that inevitably comes with the bad desserts 🙂 I would like to say though, please don’t think that this pie is going to taste just like a real pumpkin pie, because it doesn’t haha.
The texture is close, but still, no one will be fooled that this isn’t a ‘health’ food. Also, if you want to really amp up the dessert factor, add a dollop or two of some light whipped cream like I did, yum. Hope y’all are enjoying your time off with your loved ones and have a wonderful day!
Protein powder, spices, egg whites…
- 1 (15 Ounce) Can of Pumpkin Puree.
- 1 Cup of Egg Whites.
- 3 Scoops of French Vanilla Protein Powder (Use a Low Carb Protein Powder ).
- 2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon.
- Dash of Nutmeg.
- Dash of Cloves.
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla.
- 1/4 Cup of Almond Milk.
- 9" Pie Plate.
- Lite Whipped Cream For Topping (Optional).
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Liberally spray your pie pan with baker's spray and set aside.
- With a handheld or stand mixer with paddle attachment mix all ingredients together and mix together until well blended.
- Place batter into your pie plate and bake for 15 minutes.
- Then reduce your oven temperature to 325 degrees F and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Let cool and garnish with light whipped cream and enjoy!
- 0.9 Grams of Fat.
- 5.8 Grams of Carbohydrates.
- 11.2 Grams of Protein.
- 84 Calories Per Slice.