Happy Happy Thursday everybody!!! Wow, it has been for forever since I’ve done a How To Series post, and figured it was about time I took care of that. I don’t know about y’all, but some of my favorite desserts are sometimes the most simple and basic.
Obviously, I love a fancy, decadent salted caramel Creme Brûlee topped with fresh berries as the next person, but I’ll randomly have a hot fudge sundae (on a cheat day of course) and I’m always surprised by how much I love it. I’m not saying I remotely dislike them, I’m just saying they’re usually not at the top of my ‘to eat’ list when I’m hungry, and honestly I’m not sure why because they’re amazing.
On my last cheat day, I was scrounging around my fridge for something delicious to eat, and I came across some whipped cream, a few cherries and some vanilla ice cream and realized the obvious thing to make was a hot fudge sundae. Unfortunately, I only had regular chocolate syrup and let’s be real, it just doesn’t have the right consistency or richness to really get that hot fudgey-ness going, knowwhatImean? Sooo, to the Internet I went to find an easy homemade one to make and boy did I.
There were a lot that called for the best quality chocolate to be finely chopped
and blessed by unicorns and a number of other ingredients and a gazillion steps and let’s be real, who has time for that? So, I ended up taking some parts of a few recipes to simplify things and came up with this incredible hot fudge sauce.
This sauce y’all, can I begin to tell you guys how decadent, thick and perfectly chocolatey this sauce is? OMG, it is incredibly drool worthy, it is just perfection poured all over ice cold ice cream, mmmm. Oh and this is seriously, seriously easy to make. I’m telling you guys, just treat
yo self yourself to making homemade hot fudge sauce, it is so worth the little extra time it takes 🙂 Hope y’all are having a wonderful week so far and thank you so much for stopping by!
1/2 the chocolate chips, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and heavy cream into your pan…
nice and melted down…
then add in the butter, the rest of the chips and vanilla…
and all melted down and mixed in again and ready to eat…
and enjoy y’all!!!
- 2/3 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- 1/2 Cup of Light Corn Syrup.
- 1/3 Cup of Brown Sugar, Packed.
- 1/4 Cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt.
- 6 Ounces of Ghirardelli Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips, Divided.
- 2 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter.
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract.
- In a medium sized saucepan, place 1/2 of the chocolate chips, heavy cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, and cocoa powder, place on medium heat and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Continue cooking on low for 5 minutes.
- Remove your saucepan from the heat and stir in the other half of the chocolate chips, butter and vanilla.
- Stir together until smooth.
- Serve hot poured all over your favorite ice cream or put into a mason jar and keep in the fridge, and enjoy!!!
- If you love dark chocolate and an extra rich taste, please feel free to substitute dark chocolate chips for the semi-sweet, same if you want to use milk chocolate instead.
- This hot fudge sauce thickens up quite a bit when it is cooled in the fridge, so a quick turn in the microwave before pouring over ice cream (or anything else) is a good idea.