Happy Happy Tuesday everybody!!! Did everyone get to enjoy the eclipse yesterday? I gotta say it was pretty darn cool, I mean, it was neat looking through the fancy eclipse glasses and seeing the moon go in front of the sun, but I really liked just looking around outside. The shadows were funny shaped, it was like it was just slightly dim out and I immediately thought of a day for night shot in a movie, just very surreal.
Unfortunately, here in Atlanta we only got 97% of the eclipse so we didn’t get the full darkness out like some photos I’ve seen, but still it was very awesome to get to experience that. Anyways, so let’s get to the food shall we? Today’s treat is another one that I almost didn’t post due to my own mistake. You see, I looove marshmallow fluff, and the original recipe that I stumbled upon for this roll, to me didn’t seem to have near enough fluff for my taste.
So when I made this roll I added almost double the amount of fluff that the recipe called for, which made actually rolling this dessert up properly almost impossible. I kind of made it work, but this thing was absolutely falling apart and fluff was oozing out all over the place. Even after sticking this bad boy in the fridge for almost an hour it was still pretty gooey. Basically what I’m saying is, follow the recipe as listed below, and don’t do what I did and get overzealous with your fluff, but I did put in what I used just so y’all will know. This will probably be my last s’mores post for the summer (because I cannot guarantee that I won’t do a s’mores-esque fall recipe at some point) so I hope you get a chance to make this recipe (properly). Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!!!
first, butter and marshmallows into your bowl…
nice and melted in the microwave…
Rice Krispies & Graham Cracker Crumbs…
all mixed up…
pressed out onto your wax paper…
marshmallow fluff (and don’t use as much as I did haha)…
chocolate chips or bars…
after getting warm, spread out the chocolate (and I threw on some more graham cracker crumbs)…
let cool, then roll it up (and take a very blurry picture, sigh)…
let set up in the fridge for a while and enjoy!!!
- 10 Ounces of Miniature Marshmallows.
- 1/4 Cup of Unsalted Butter.
- 5 Cups of Rice Krispies Cereal.
- 3/4 Cup of Graham Cracker Crumbs.
- 7 Ounces of Marshmallow Fluff (I Used 13 Ounces).
- 6 Hershey Milk Chocolate Bars (I Used a 10 Ounce Bag of Mini Hershey Kisses).
- 10x15 Jelly Roll Pan.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Line your pan with wax or parchment paper.
- Spray or butter the wax paper and set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, place your marshmallows and butter, then microwave in increments of 30 seconds, stirring until completely blended.
- Stir your cereal and graham cracker crumbs into your butter/marshmallow mixture .
- Press your mixture into your pan until a large rectangular shape is reached.
- Now spread the marshmallow fluff onto the krispy mixture, then place the chocolate on top of the fluff.
- Now place into the oven for 2-4 minutes or until the chocolate is warm enough to spread with a spatula.
- Let cool for 30 minutes (or place into the fridge for 15), then start to roll up your krispy treat like a cinnamon roll, peeling the paper off as you go, then pinch the seams together.
- Place the whole roll into the fridge seam side down for 45 minutes or until the roll has set a bit.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!