This time of year is so great y’all, my fingers and toes are finally thawed out from winter, flowers and trees are blooming, and candy comes in my favorite color…pink.
I know logically that chocolate doesn’t taste any better when coming from a pink wrapper, but because all of the chocolate bunnies, eggs, and all of the Peeps in bright colors are so cute, it makes it seem like they taste better
don’t judge me.
I had totally planned on making adorable cupcakes in beautiful pastels with bunnies or something on them for Easter, and being completely honest, I just didn’t feel like it 🙂 I feel like I have run all week and all weekend for weeks and I’m just plum wore out y’all. Buuuut, I did have enough energy
because it didn’t require much to make these super beautiful and delicious drinks. The idea came from the fact that gin and tonics are always my go-to drink, they’re light and crisp and don’t give me a hangover headache, but I wanted to make them beautifully pink too for Easter, hence the pink lemonade.
Oh my goodness y’all, these turned out absolutely perfect, sweet, but with a tart kick (thank you pink lemonade)…you cannot taste the alcohol at all in these either, which could be a good or bad thing 🙂 Also, forgive me for using martini glasses for a non martini, but I just love how they look, so whatevs haha, these are easy, delicious and super pretty, a wonderful addition to your brunch…Happy Easter Y’all!
Start with your gin…
- 1 Can (12 Ounces) of Frozen Pink Lemonade (I used Minute Maid).
- 6 Ounces of Gin.
- 12 Ounces of Tonic Water.
- Decorating Sugar in Pink (Optional).
- In a pitcher, pour your gin, tonic water and your frozen pink lemonade.
- Mix all ingredients together and serve.
- For the sugar rim on my glasses, I just rubbed water around the edges of the glasses and gently pressed the top of the glasses into the sugar until sufficiently covered.
- This recipe made almost exactly 3 full martini glasses worth, if you would like more, this recipe can easily be doubled.