Happy Wednesday everybody!!! This is definitely not the typical hump day treat that you would expect from me, but y’all, I’m in love with this quiche. Obviously, quiche is just a big giant omelette beautifully displayed in a pan, but I feel like this is so much more.
To me, what is so fun about quiche is that you can throw in any number or mix and match of ingredients, and it’s completely okay. If you love your veggies and cheese, throw that in, if you like your stuff a little more unique (like myself) then throw in whatever sounds best to you.
I recently had some goat cheese stuffed figs (a seasonal favorite) and they were absolutely fabulous, and it got me thinking about throwing those exact items into a quiche, because why not right?
I then thought the flavor might be amped up even more if some cooked turkey bacon and onions went in too, and y’all the results were absolutely fantastic. The tanginess of the goat cheese, the saltiness of the turkey bacon and then the subtle sweetness of the fig toppers is perfection. I hope you’re having a fantastic week so far and thank you so much for stopping by!
chop up your onion…
cut up bacon into your pan with the onion…
eggs, heavy, cream, salt, pepper and goat cheese into the bowl…
bacon and onions into your pan…
egg mixture onto your bacon/onion layer…
figs on top (you can put more if you like)…
- 6 Eggs.
- 3/4 Cup of Heavy Cream.
- 4 Ounces of Goat Cheese, Room Temperature.
- 2 Figs, Sliced.
- 1/2 of a Medium Onion, Chopped.
- 4 Slices of Turkey Bacon.
- Salt and Pepper to Taste.
- 8" Pie or Quiche Pan.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray your pan liberally with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Cut your bacon into smallish pieces and chop your onion.
- Place your bacon and onion into a pan on medium heat and cook until bacon is almost fully cooked and onions are brown.
- Evenly spread your cooked onions and bacon into the bottom of your pie/quiche pan and set aside.
- Now in a medium bowl, place your eggs, heavy cream, goat cheese, salt and pepper and mix until smooth.
- Pour your egg/cheese mixture on top of your onions/bacon layer.
- Cut your figs and gently place them on top of quiche and bake for 25-28 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!