Happy Monday everybody! Okay, so I know how the whole Daylight Savings Time is only losing an hour, but sheesh am I the only one who feels like it’s losing a whole day?
I know, I know, sooo dramatic but for reals y’all, not a fan of losing an hour, and maybe it has something to do with my travels this weekend where I ‘gained’ an hour with a different time zone, then lost it because of DST and then lost an additional hour coming back into my time zone, sigh.
On the positive side, at least the days are longer which is great when you’re trying to take pictures of food in natural light 🙂 Speaking of food, let’s talk about it, woohoo! I would like to thank my mom who gave me the idea to make homemade sweetened condensed milk, I had no idea that was even possible, but y’all it’s so awesome, tastes just like the stuff out of the can from the store. Also, it was made in about 10 minutes, easy, peasy you guys. Have an awesome Monday and thanks for stopping by!
water, butter, sugar & vanilla…
mixed & now powdered milk…
mix, mix, mix and dunzo!
- 1/3 Cup of Water, Boiling.
- 4 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter, Softened.
- 3/4 Cup of Granulated Sugar.
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- 1 Cup of Carnation Powdered Milk.
- With a handheld or stand mixer with paddle attachment, blend together the water, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Now blend in the powdered milk & blend until thick and the texture is smooth.