Happy Cocktail Friday y’all!! I’m going to be straight up honest with y’all right now (not that I’m ever not, but whatevs) I have pretty much felt like garbage all week. I mentioned Monday that I had been feeling a bit under the weather this past weekend, but whatever junk this is that is making me feel like I’m on the verge of a cold, but won’t actually become a full blown cold is such shenanigans.
Oh, and a cold in the heat of summer… garbage again! Sigh, I won’t continue to bore y’all with my complaining
and feeling sorry for myself so let’s get to this cocktail. Since this has Gin in it, obviously I’m a fan, but this is not a drink for those who like them sweet. This is most definitely fresh, light and tasty, but if you like your Piña Coladas this isn’t for you.
I too also love the fact that I can feel no guilt in indulging in one of these if I feel like it (I hear Gin has wonderful healing properties hehe). Anyways, I’m off to drink green tea and binge watch Tom Hiddleston movies (also very healing I hear). Have a wonderful weekend and thank you soooo much for stopping by!
All the players in this recipe, mint, Gin, tonic water, shaker, cucumbers…
shake, shake, shake
it off, pour into glass then top with Tonic water…
- 1 1/2 Ounces of Gin.
- 1 Cucumber (4-6 Slices).
- 1 Lime, Sliced.
- 4-6 Ounces of Diet Tonic Water.
- 4-6 Mint Leaves.
- 1 Tablespoon of Sugar or Sugar Substitute (Optional).
- 1 Martini Shaker (Optional).
- In your shaker or glass, place your Gin, a lime slice, mint leaves, cucumber slices and sugar (if you're using) and shake or muddle together.
- Pour this mixture into your glass over ice, removing the large pieces of mint and cucumber slices (you can leave in if you like), then fill the rest of the glass with your tonic water.
- Garnish with a lime if you like and enjoy!
- If using diet tonic water and no sugar (or a calorie free sugar substitute) the total calories for this drink was 110.
- If you want to use granulated sugar, the total calories goes to 162.